Growing up, I was not a big fan of breakfast. I would skip breakfast, make all kinds of excuses as to why I couldn’t eat breakfast, or grab something like a candy bar. I still am not a big fan of traditional breakfasts, but I know breakfast is the most important meal of the day and my body needs a healthy breakfast in order for me to function and not feel sluggish.
I have learned over the years that I don’t have to eat a traditional breakfast of bacon and eggs in the morning, and I certainly don’t want to spend an hour in front of the stove before I go to work. What I do eat at least two mornings during the week is a simple peanut butter and banana sandwich. I can fix it and eat on the run with it. It is delicious, healthy, and not messy. If you don’t like bananas, you can choose a fruit that you do like. Peanut butter goes great with just about any fruit like apples and pears.
Here is my recipe:
- 1⁄2 banana peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 slices of whole-wheat or multigrain bread
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
- Use a dinner knife to spread most of the peanut butter on one slice of bread and a little bit on the other slice.
- Arrange the banana slices over the peanut butter on one slice and top with the other slice (peanut butter side down).
- Cut the sandwich in half and serve right away.
This is a delicious, healthy and fast breakfast food. Enjoy!