Makes 12 bars
Serving size: 1 bar
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced (or other berries that are in season)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spray square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, salt, egg, butter, vegetable oil, and milk in a large bowl until a doughy mixture is formed.
- Measure out 1 1/2 cups of dough and press to the bottom of the pan.
- In a separate bowl, stir jam and strawberries together, spread over dough in the pan.
- Press the rest of the dough with your hands on top of the jam mixture. The dough will not completely cover the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut into 12 bars.
180 calories per serving, Total fat 7grams