Makes 2 quiches.
6 servings per quiche.
Serving size: 1/6 quiche
2 9-inch ready made pie crusts, baked
1 cup low-fat or skim milk
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 package (10 ounces) frozen, chopped broccoli
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup chopped onion (optional)
3/4 cup cooked, chopped chicken
3/4 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake pie crusts according to package directions
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Place frozen chopped broccoli in the microwave, cook according to package directions. Pour off the liquid. Let cool, squeeze broccoli to remove more water. Mix broccoli with carrots and onions.
- Layer the meat, vegetables, and cheese into bake pie crusts. Pour egg mixture over the ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until top is browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.