- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic or a pinch of garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Slivered almonds (optional)
- Thoroughly rinse asparagus.
- Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus.
- Place asparagus in a bowl and drizzle evenly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle asparagus with garlic (or garlic salt) and pepper. Gently toss to coat.
- Spread asparagus evenly on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes, or to desired degree of tenderness. Transfer asparagus to a serving dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and/or slivered almonds.