Fish tacos are one of my favorite meals. Check out this recipe made with ingredients that are delicious and nutritious! It uses cilantro that adds a great flavor. The avocado gives it a creamy texture and makes it a little heart healthier. And the cabbage adds a bit of a crunch as well as fiber and Vitamin C.
Baja Fish Taco
• Light Cooking spray
• 3/4 pound firm white fish fillets such as Tilapia
• 2 teaspoons low-sodium fajita seasoning
• 2 cups pre-sliced green cabbage (about 6 ounces)
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
• 2 1/2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream, divided (optional)
• 1/2 avocado, pitted and diced
• 1 jar of low-sodium salsa
• Lime wedges
1. Lightly spray grill rack (or a fry pan) with nonstick light cooking spray, and preheat grill or heat pan on medium high heat.
2. Sprinkle both sides of fish with low-sodium fajita seasoning, gently pressing into flesh. Grill or fry fish 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Flake into pieces with a fork; keep warm.
3. In a small bowl, mix together cabbage, lime juice, salt, and cilantro.
4. Wrap the tortillas in paper towels, and microwave 1 minute on HIGH or until they’re warm.
5. Place taco ingredients on the table for assembly. Spread each tortilla with 1 teaspoon of light sour cream, if desired, and top with fish, cabbage mixture, and avocado. Serve with salsa and lime wedges on the side.