Makes 2 cups
- ½ medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, or juice from half a lime
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained, liquid reserved or 1 ½ cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Rinse and cut onion, pepper, cilantro, and lime.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Add some reserved tomato liquid to thin salsa if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to 24 hours to allow flavors to blend.
Source: Cooking with EFNEP