Staying active this winter is easy! You can go outside, or get active in your own home. Physical activity boosts immunity during flu season.
- Weather permitting, go on a nature walk or jog. Layer as needed!
- Household chores like sweeping and vacuuming is an activity in itself.
- Walk up and down the stairs.
- Raking leaves cleans the yard and gets you moving.
- Encourage kids to play indoor hopscotch, build a fort, or create a relay race!
- Do a quick 10-minute morning stretch before starting your day.
- Look for videos on YouTube if you need some ideas
Remember to check with your doctor before beginning any exercise routine and stop if you feel any discomfort.
Written by: Priya Samuel, EFNEP student volunteer