¾ cup whole-wheat flour
¼ cup oat bran or wheat germ
¼ cup old fashioned oats
1 tablespoon cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 banana, mashed
1 cup 1% milk
1 tablespoon canola oil
1. Heat griddle to 375˚ F.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, beat the egg with the whisk. Add the banana, milk, and oil. Mix well.
4. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir gently, just until ingredients are combined. Do not over-mix. The batter may be lumpy, but that is OK. Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
5. Spray the griddle with nonstick cooking spray. Pour batter ½ cup at a time onto the hot griddle. Cook until edges become crisp and bubbles have formed on the top, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancake and continue cooking until the bottom is browned, about 1-2 minutes more.
6. Serve hot with a fruit puree or sugar-free syrup.