Makes 12 servings
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin tin with cooking spray to prevent sticking or use paper liners.
- Melt margarine in small saucepan or microwave. Set aside.
- Wash strawberries; remove stems and tops and throw away. Chop berries into small pieces and place them in a small bowl. Add eggs, yogurt, melted butter, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, mix together whole-wheat flour, brown sugar, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add strawberry mixture to flour mixture. Mix well until ingredients are wet. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups, about 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Recipe from: Teen Cuisine Curriculum (Virginia Tech)