This warm autumn salad is a power-house meal that boasts a nutty crunch from the chickpeas and a fruity sweetness from the dried cranberries. The avocado finishes this dish with a creamy heft.
Makes 3-4 servings
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts, halved
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 can low-sodium chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup craisins
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a stockpot, boil water on high heat.
2. Add the brussels sprout and boil for three minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk to combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
4. Add the chickpeas, cranberries, and spinach to the oil mixture.
5. Add the brussels sprout then fold in the avocadoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.