If you ever run out of dinner ideas for you and your family, try out this simple quesadilla recipe!
Makes 4 servings | Serving size: 1 quesadilla
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1/4 cup low-fat shredded cheese
- 4 (10-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and preheat over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onions until tender.
- In a medium bowl, mix chicken, salsa, and onions.
- Place 1/4 of chicken mixture on one side of tortilla and top with 1/4 of cheese. Fold over mixture and seal edges. (Use a small amount of water for a perfect seal.)
- Spray skillet. Brown one side of quesadilla over medium heat for about 3–4 minutes. Turn and brown the other side. (Chicken temp should be 165°F.)
- Cut each folded tortilla into 3 wedges for easy handling. Serve with extra salsa and hot sauce if desired