Makes 8 servings
- 2 cups small, square, whole-wheat cereal
- 1 cup pretzel twists
- 1/2 cup square, reduced-fat cheese crackers
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat crackers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon ginger stir-fry sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 250°F. See option below for microwave oven.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Combine butter, ginger stir-fry sauce, chili powder, and cumin. Drizzle over cereal mixture, tossing to coat.
- Spread mixture on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crisp, stirring twice.
Microwave Option: Using a microwave-safe baking dish, microwave on high for a total of 6 minutes, stirring at 2-minute intervals. Let cool.