Makes 8 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2–1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar or equivalent amount of artificial sweetener
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- Mix peas, corn, green pepper, and onion in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, sugar, and vinegar and stir well.
- Pour Marinade over vegetables and mix well.
- Cover and chill 4-8 hours in refrigerator before serving.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
190 Calories, Total Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 1g, Protein 4g, Total Carbohydrate 26g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Sodium 15mg. Excellent source of vitamin C