Makes 8 servings | Serving size: 1/2 cup
- 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2–1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar or equivalent amount of artificial sweetener
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- Mix peas, corn, green pepper, and onion in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, sugar, and vinegar and stir well.
- Pour Marinade over vegetables and mix well.
- Cover and chill 4-8 hours in refrigerator before serving.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 190 Calories, Total Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 1g, Protein 4g, Total Carbohydrate 26g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Sodium 15mg. Excellent source of vitamin C