Makes 4 servings | Serving size: 1/4 casserole
- ½ pound lean ground turkey
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon Homemade Taco Seasoning (page 13)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas, cut in strips
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup low-fat cheese, shredded
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 chopped tomato
- Over medium-high heat, brown ground turkey in a medium skillet. Add chopped onion and green pepper. Drain fat.
- Add taco seasoning and cumin.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover the bottom of the dish with half of the tortilla strips.
- Continue layering with ½ of black beans, ½ of corn, ½ of cheese, and ½ meat.
- Repeat layers starting with another layer of tortilla strips.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and top with shredded lettuce and chopped tomato.