Makes 6 servings | Serving size: 1 taco
Ingredients for Shrimp:
- 4 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, deveined
Ingredients for Ginger Mango Salsa:
- 1 medium mango, diced
- ½ medium cucumber, diced
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 6 corn tortillas (can also use whole wheat tortilla or lettuce leaves to make a wrap)
- In a medium bowl, mix paprika, oregano, chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, red pepper, and dry mustard.
- Add raw shrimp. Coat thoroughly.
In a small bowl, combine ingredients for salsa. Cover and chill.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink (Fish should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F and will flake easily when it is thoroughly cooked.)
- Divide shrimp between 6 tacos (or wraps). Top with salsa.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 178 Calories, Total Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 1g, Protein 13g, Total Carbohydrate 23g Dietary Fiber 4.5g, Sodium 465mg. Excellent source of vitamins A and C. Good source of iron.
Recipe contributed by Kathy Copeland and Della Hicks, NC EFNEP Educators