Makes 4 servings
Serving Size: 4 sticks
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- Powdered sugar and cinnamon for topping
- Wash hands and surfaces.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut each slice of bread into four strips lengthwise. You’ll have 16 strips in all.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs and milk, beat with a fork until frothy.
- Dip each “stick” of bread in egg mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes until brown.
- Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
- Refrigerate leftovers immediately.