Makes 8 servings
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can yellow corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped green or red bell pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar (white, cider, or balsamic)
- Mix beans, corn, bell pepper, and onion in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, sugar, and vinegar. Stir well.
- Pour marinade over vegetables and mix well.
- Chill 4-8 hours in refrigerator before serving.