Makes 12 servings
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar (divided in half)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (divided in half)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour (use half whole-wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 8 ounces light or reduced fat or fat-free cream cheese
- Sliced strawberries, kiwifruit, bananas, mandarin oranges, pears, peaches, blueberries, or grapes
- Wash hands and surfaces.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- For crust, cream margarine, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and egg until light and fluffy. Add flour and baking powder, mixing well.
- Spread mixture, about 1/8 inch thick, on pizza pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- For spread, mix together cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Spread on cooled cookie crust.
- Arrange fruit on top of pizza. Refrigerate until serving time.
- Refrigerate leftovers immediately.
Original Recipe from Choose MyPlate