Makes 12 servings
- 16 whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 cans low-sodium tomato soup (10 oz.)
- 2 cups chunky salsa
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 4 cups cubed, cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cups low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Wash hands and surfaces.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly coat baking dishes with cooking spray.
- Cut or tear tortillas into 1-inch pieces.
- Divide cheese in half and save 1 cup for topping.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine tortillas, soup, salsa, milk, chicken or turkey, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Divide the mixture into two baking dishes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle 1 cup of remaining cheese over each baking dish.
- Refrigerate leftovers immediately.
Original Recipe from: K-State