Makes 12 servings
Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 5-6 very ripe peaches
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 ̊F. Spray unlined muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Peel, slice, and chop peaches. Reserve all juice from peaches.
3. In a small cup or bowl, whisk cornstarch into peach juice until thoroughly combined with no lumps. Pour juice mixture over peaches and stir. Let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Divide fruit and juice mixture among muffin cups.
5. In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients with a whisk or fork.
6. Add egg to dry ingredients and mix with a fork until mixture forms into large crumbles.
7. Spoon crumble mixture over peaches.
8. Drizzle melted butter evenly over crumble of each muffin (about 1 teaspoon) 9. Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly and top is brown.
Recipe contributed by Rhonda Church, NC EFNEP Educator
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 103 Calories, Total Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 2g, Protein 2g, Total Carbohydrate 15g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sodium 160mg. Excellent source of vitamin A.