Looking for recipes that will help you prepare balanced meals for your family on a tight budget? Check out the cookbook. It’s a great guide created specifically to help those of us on a budget plan and prepare healthy, thrifty meals for our families. Whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner, this cookbook is a winner! To get started, try this simple recipe!
Pizza Meat Loaf
Servings: 4 servings about 1/4 loaf each
- 1 lb. Ground turkey
- ¾ cup Spaghetti sauce
- ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese, part-skim
- ½ cup Green peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup Onion, minced
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
CONVENTIONAL COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES
MICROWAVE COOKING TIME: 8 MINUTES
- Lightly grease 9-inch pie plate with vegetable oil. Pat turkey into pie plate.
- Place turkey in 350˚ F oven; bake until turkey no longer remains pink, about 17 to 20 minutes.
- Cover turkey with waxed paper.
- Cook on high; rotate plate 1/4 turn after 3 minutes.
- Cook until turkey no longer remains pink, about 5 more minutes. Drain.
TO COMPLETE COOKING
- Top baked turkey with spaghetti sauce, cheese, and vegetables.
- Return turkey to either the conventional oven or the microwave oven and heat until cheese is melted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Calories 255 Total fat 14 g Saturated fat 4 g Cholesterol 88 mg Sodium 376 mg