- 1 ¾ cups cooked, pureed pumpkin (15 ounce can)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats
- ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts or hazelnuts, chopped
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F.
- In a large bowl, stir together pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs and oil. Mix well until smooth.
- In another bowl, stir together the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Add to the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Drop the dough by a tablespoon on to a greased baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Gently flatten each cookie with the back of a spoon.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until tops are dry and begin to brown.
Original recipe from Food Hero