Makes: 4 Servings This simple chili uses basic ingredients to make a protein-packed main dish. Serve with bread or pour over rice or potatoes for a quick, easy meal!
- 1 cup low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1/2 pound ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 can low-sodium kidney beans with liquid (about 15 oz)
- 1 tablespoon dried onion (or 1/4 cup chopped onion)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1. In a large skillet, cook ground beef until browned. 2. Drain off any fat. 3. Stir in kidney beans with liquid, tomato sauce, onion, and chili powder. 4. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Increase your vegetable intake by adding your favorite veggies! Try mushrooms, spinach or kale, and corn.
Source: USDA recipe finder