Makes 12 servings
Serving Size: 1 taco
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 taco shells
- 2 cups shredded low-fat Monterey Jack or taco cheese
- 1 cup dark green lettuce, washed and shredded
- Wash hands and surfaces.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with onion. Drain liquid.
- Stir in the spices.
- Heat taco shells according to package directions.
- Spoon taco mix into shells, dividing between 12 shells.
- Top with shredded cheese and lettuce.
- Refrigerate leftovers immediately.