Makes 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 tostada
- 4 corn tortillas, 6-inch
- 1 cup low-fat or fat-free refried beans
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup salsa
- Vegetable oil
- Wash hands and surfaces.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly brush both sides of tortilla with vegetable oil. Place tortillas on baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until crisp.
- Grate cheese and carrots. Shred lettuce.
- Spread 1/4 cup refried beans on each tortilla and top with 3 tablespoons of cheese.
- Bake until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup sour cream, lettuce, carrots, and salsa.
- Refrigerate leftovers immediately.
Recipe from: K-State