Makes 6 servings
Serving Size: 1 patty
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans low-sodium tuna
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup nonfat ranch salad dressing
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Drain tuna, separate into flakes using a fork.
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna, ½ cup bread crumbs, cheese, egg, salad dressing, and onion.
- Form six patties; coat each side with remaining ½ cup breadcrumbs.
- Spray non-stick skillet with cooking spray; heat to medium heat.
- Cook patties 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Source: Cooking with EFNEP