Makes 4 servings
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup oat bran or wheat germ
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat griddle to 375°F.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg with a whisk. Add the mashed banana, oil, and milk. Mix well.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir gently, just until ingredients are combined. Do not overmix. The batter may be lumpy. Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour batter 1/2 cup at a time onto the hot griddle. Cook until edges become crisp and bubbles have formed on the top, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancake and continue cooking until the bottom is browned, about 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve hot with a fruit puree or reduced-sugar syrup.
Recipe from: Eat Drink Mississippi