Makes 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 potato
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar (or other low-fat) cheese
- 4 potatoes
- Wash hands and surfaces.
- Scrub and bake potatoes in oven for 1 hour at 350°F or for 15 minutes in microwave.
- Chop vegetables on cutting board and cook in saucepan with a small amount of water until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the saucepan, melt margarine and stir in flour.
- Slowly add milk while stirring.
- Continue stirring and cook until sauce thickens.
- Grate cheese and add to sauce, stir until melted.
- Add vegetables.
- Serve over hot baked potatoes.
- Refrigerate leftovers immediately.