Makes 2 servings
Serving Size: 1/2 omelet
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/3-1/2 cup filling, such as shredded cheese, onions, spinach, or other vegetables
- Spray the skillet with nonstick cooking spray and cook raw vegetables until tender. Set aside for later.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until blended.
- Heat butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges.
- Gently push cooked portions from edges toward the center with inverted spatula so uncooked eggs can reach the pan’s hot surface. Continue cooking, tilting pan and gently moving cooked portions as needed.
- When the top surface of eggs is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, place filling on the bottom half of the omelet.
- Fold omelet in half–top to bottom, covering the filling–with spatula and slide onto a plate.
- Serve immediately.