Makes 6 servings
- 15 ounces canned kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons onion, minced
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Drain kidney beans in the colander and rinse under running water.
- Place the rinsed beans, vinegar, chili powder, and cumin in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add enough water to make the dip easy to spread, about 1/4 cup.
- Remove mixture from blender and put in bowl.
- Stir in minced onion and grated cheese.
- Serve with raw vegetables or corn chips.