Makes 12 servings
Serving Size: 1 muffin
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray muffin pan with nonstick spray or use paper liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the oil and sugar until creamy.
- Crack and add each egg separately. Crack one egg into a small bowl and check for shells and freshness. Add to the medium mixing bowl. Repeat for second egg. After adding eggs to the oil and sugar mixture, beat well.
- Add milk and vanilla to mixture and stir well. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the liquid mix to the dry and stir together until moist. Do not overmix.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the batter. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full. Bake for 25-30 minutes.