In celebration of #WorldEggDay – try out this breakfast bowl! Mix it up and include your favorite veggies and seasonings.
Makes 1 serving | Serving size: 1 bowl
- 1 scoop of cooked grits (about 1/2 cup)
- Small handful of sautéed peppers (about 1/4 cup)
- Small handful of sautéed onions (about 1/4 cup)
- Handful of scrambled eggs (about 1/2 cup)
- Sprinkle of reduced-fat shredded cheese (about 1/8 cup)
- Cook grits according to package directions.
- Cut and sauté onions and peppers.
- Scramble eggs (cooked to 145 ̊F).
- Add cooked grits, onions, peppers, and eggs to a bowl.
- Top with shredded cheese.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 246 Calories, Total Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 4g, Protein 13g, Total Carbohydrate 30g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Sodium 368mg.