Makes 4 servings
- 1 whole boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon fat-free milk
- Barbecue, salsa, or honey mustard for dipping
- Wash hands and surfaces.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the chicken into finger-size pieces.
- Fill a large, zip-lock style plastic bag with the cornflakes; seal the bag and crush the cereal with the back of a wooden spoon.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and milk.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the egg mixture, then into the bag.
- Shake bag gently to cover, then place coated chicken on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning the pieces once during the cooking time, until chicken fingers are golden brown.
- Serve with barbecue sauce, salsa, or honey mustard.
- Refrigerate leftovers immediately.