Makes 4 servings
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Combine pineapple juice, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Chop the broccoli into bite-size pieces of flowers and stalk, removing tough parts. Rinse well and set aside. Do the same with the cauliflower.
- Wash carrots and slice into thin slices.
- Wash celery stalks and cut off both ends. Cut into small slices.
- Wash the red pepper and slice in half. Remove the seeds and white membranes. Slice into thin strips.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, and celery; cook for 2 minutes. Add bell pepper and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Stir sauce well and add sauce to skillet, bring to a boil, and cook for 1 minute. Stir to distribute sauce over vegetables. Serve over brown rice.