- 1/2 pound lean or extra-lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 8 ounces egg noodles, uncooked (try whole grain)
- 12 ounces fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 cups reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted, diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Brown ground beef or turkey. Drain and return to skillet.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, water, parsley, oregano and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Add uncooked pasta. Cover and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cottage cheese. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes to melt cheese.
Nutrition information Per Serving
Total Fat – 11 g
Saturated Fat – 6 g
Protein – 32 g
Total Carbohydrate – 35 g
Dietary Fiber – 2 g
Sodium = 530 mg
Excellent Source of Vitamin C
Excellent Source of Calcium
Excellent Source of Iron
Good Source of Vitamin A
NC EFNEP – Families Eating Smart and Moving More