Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 28 ounces canned, diced, low-sodium tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces whole-grain lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain off oil and return to skillet.
- Stir in canned tomatoes, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- In the saucepan, cook pasta according to directions on the package. Remove and drain in a colander.
- Add cooked noodles and cottage cheese to beef mixture.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 4 minutes to melt cheese.