Makes 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 butterfly
- 1 slice low-fat American cheese
- 1 celery stalk, 3 inches long
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or reduced-fat or fat-free cream cheese
- 2 to 6 raisins
- 2 pretzel sticks
- Wash hands and surfaces.
- Wash and cut celery into a 3-inch long piece.
- Cut cheese slice diagonally with a knife, pizza cutter, or scissors.
- Place cheese slices on small plate with points together, forming wings.
- Fill celery with peanut butter or cream cheese and place filling side down on the cheese wings. This forms the body of the butterfly.
- Use raisins to decorate wings. Use a dab of peanut butter or cream cheese as “glue.”
- Use pretzels as antennae, sliding them into the peanut butter on the celery.
- Refrigerate leftovers immediately.
Recipe from: K-State