Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks or canned tidbits
- 1 cup each: bananas, kiwifruit, and grapes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Wash hands and surfaces.
- Combine pineapple juice, sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, and corn starch in a medium saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool slightly. Sauce can be served warm or chilled.
- Wash, peel, and cut up banana and kiwi. Wash and cut up grapes.
- Combine pineapple chunks or tidbits with other fruit and arrange in individual dishes. Spoon glaze over fruit. Refrigerate leftovers in airtight container.
Recipe from Kansas State University