Makes 2 servings
- 1 can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained, liquid reserved
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sesame oil (optional)
- Sides for serving (choose one or a variety of all):
- Celery sticks
- Cucumber rounds
- Pita chips
- Place ingredients into the blender and blend.
- Stop blender. Remove middle of lid measuring cup.
- Continue blending while slowly pouring the reserved bean liquid through the hole at the top until the mixture is thick and smooth.