Makes 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 wrap
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 10-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar and/or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 4 oz. sliced turkey pepperoni, or cooked chicken or beef
NOTE: For variety, add chopped green or red pepper or onion, or use a different cheese.
- Wash hands and surfaces.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
- Spread margarine on one side of each tortilla. Place one tortilla in skillet, margarine-side down.
- Spoon a tablespoon of pizza sauce onto half of the tortilla (tomato sauce and a little oregano can be substituted for pizza sauce).
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cheese over the sauce and top with a few slices of meat.
- Fold the clean half of the tortilla over the filling and cook each wrap, turning once (about 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until cheese melts).
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Refrigerate leftovers immediately.