Makes 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 burger
- 15 ounces canned pink salmon in water
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 8 wheat crackers
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 drops hot sauce
- 4 whole-grain dinner rolls
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Coat a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- While skillet is heating, place drained salmon in a medium bowl (remove some of the skin if desired), flake fish with a fork, mashing bones.
- Wash a red pepper and cut it in half lengthwise. Save half for other uses. Remove stem, seeds, and white membranes. Cut pepper into slices, then dice. Add to salmon.
- Place crackers in a resealable plastic bag, squeeze air out, and zip shut. Smash crackers into crumbs.
- Add cracker crumbs, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and hot sauce to bowl with salmon. Gently mix and shape into 4 patties.
- Cook salmon cakes, turning once with spatula, until lightly browned on each side.
- While salmon is cooking, slice tomato into 1/4-inch slices, cutting out the core.
- Place burger on top of hamburger bun half and top with tomato, lettuce, and other condiments as desired.
Original Recipe from: https://eatsmartmovemoreva.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Salmon-Burgers-on-a-Bun-1.pdf