Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 8 ounces canned, low-sodium tomatoes
- 10 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3/4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, sauté onion and pepper in vegetable oil for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add ground turkey to skillet and cook until browned. Drain excess fat from turkey.
- Pour tomatoes, corn, and milk into the skillet. Stir well and heat through. Stir in cornmeal, garlic powder, and chili powder.
- Pour into well-greased 2-quart casserole pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20 minutes more.
- For the last 5 minutes of baking, sprinkle cheese over the dish. It’s ready when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe from: Kidshealth.org