Our normal eating habits might be a little off this time of year. Try making this sweet potato and apple recipe to make sure you are still eating your fruits and vegetables!
Makes 6 servings | Serving size: 1/2 cup
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 (16-ounce) can sweet potatoes (may use 3 fresh sweet potatoes)
- 2 large apples
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup pineapple or orange juice
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar or 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wash, peel, and slice apples (and fresh sweet potatoes if using).
- Drain canned sweet potatoes.
- Layer sweet potatoes and apples in the sprayed baking dish.
- Sprinkle sweet potatoes and apples with raisins.
- In a separate cup, mix juice and sugar.
- Pour juice mixture over sweet potatoes, apples, and raisins.
- Cut butter into small bits and distribute evenly across the top of the casserole.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over fruit.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes longer. Potatoes should be tender and cooked through.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 190 Calories, Total Fat 4g, Saturated Fat 0.5g, Protein 2g, Total Carbohydrate 41g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Sodium 95mg. Excellent source of vitamin A. Good source of vitamin C.